Saturday, August 13, 2022

Everyone Has Problems

 We all know what it's like to argue with your own family and then make up afterward. You feel you can't stay mad at them too long, well because you'll see them every day. Most times a simple sorry or offer to go do something will patch these things right up. However, sometimes things can become tricky whether it's between your own family or one that you started with your partner. 

One of the biggest things we shouldn't focus on is the social science of our relationships. Social sciences mean to consist of our attitudes, beliefs, and behavior are what can shape our relationships. They can be the difference in the choices we make in life even with the most difficult choices. It's important to recognize the decisions we choose in life and how they can affect our family relationships. A quote I really liked said, “Happiness in family life is most likely to be achieved when founded upon the teachings of the Lord Jesus Christ”. I think this is such an important concept because it allows us to remember that even though many factors can hurt a relationship, many allow us to be happy in those family relationships. 

I'm not an expert when it comes to marriage. I mean I'm only 20, but I do know some things about families. I know that social sciences have come in between my family before. Just a few examples of that are politics and how it can start arguments between all of us. Or when we make comparisons to each other that leads to hurt having to compare ourselves to others. I know that in my family, ironically religion can sometimes be a social science. One member of my immediate family left our religion a few years ago. At first, it was hard and it caused people pain to talk about certain things and overall we had to strain from certain topics. Over time, things got better and I feel like part of that reason was that we had to learn to understand each other's differences. Understanding this concept in your own family is the first step to being happy and recognizing the big picture. 


Here is a picture of my family taken last year. 

Eds., A.J.H.D.C.D.T.W. D. ([Insert Year of Publication]). Successful Marriages and Families: Proclamation Principles and Research Perspectives. BYU Bookstore Publishing Services. https://online.vitalsource.com/books/9780842528030

No comments:

Post a Comment

What it Means to Have Control

At this point in life, you might believe you have a real understanding of what being a family is. You must remember that you will not have c...