While it's important to figure out how to parent and the things you hope to do one day with your family. It's also important to look a bit before that. In this case, how do you know when you have found that person or how can you build a relationship at a young age? I get it that this is usually the conversation you don't want to have with your parents. I know that when I was a teenager there were times when my dad would bring up boys and I would just start to freak out and change the topic. However, they might not seem like a big deal right now, but they can be helpful in the future.
Being young means that you still have so much to experience. You may be looking at your boy/girlfriend and think you're too young to even think about marriage. While I agree, it's important to learn how to build relationships, resolve conflict, and find out what you want. One thing you could focus on is relationship literacy. By doing this you are focusing on the communication and problem-solving skills of a relationship. This will better help you understand what a healthy relationship should be like and how you can improve things.
As you get older in life but are still not ready for marriage, you must take a broader education on relationships. Knowing the safety of things like sex, cohabitation, income, and overall understanding of marriage can be a big help. These may be sensitive topics and most believe that the things they learn in school are enough. However, even though it may not be your parent, trusting an adult you know and being able to talk to them can change your perspective. It's also crucial that you be careful about where this information is obtained.
Ultimately, the goal is to one day get married. Marriage isn't something that can be mastered overnight. There will be ups and downs that can even lead to a divorce. But trying to do better now can help in the future. Take those skills and use them in the relationships of your life. We must strive to achieve marital aspirations safely. I am not married, but I have been through some things that have helped me understand what it means to be in a healthy relationship and know what I want in the future. Look to your own life and think about what you want and how you can start to develop some of those attributes. Remember that life isn't like what you see on TV, it's what you make of it.
No comments:
Post a Comment